BENEFITS TEXAS ASSOCIATION OF STAFFING
The Texas Association of Staffing (TAS) is the recognized voice of the staffing industry in Texas. TAS has a long history of working tirelessly to see the staffing industry succeed.
As a member, you will receive benefits that include:
- Reduced program pricing
- Discounts from TAS’s industry Partners on products and services
- Newsletters updating staffing companies on current news
- Password protected an area for “Members Only” for current updates on legislative activities and special events and opportunities to represent your company at various legislative and TAS sponsored programs and much more.
Texas Association of Staffing Accomplishments
- Educating members of the Texas State Legislature on what the staffing industry does to keep Texans working such as continued training of the workforce, providing a bridge to those who are new to the workforce, in transition, wanting to experience a new career, or looking for a permanent full-time position.
- TAS worked closely with legislators to secure a tax exemption for the sales tax on service.
- Successfully supported member companies in overturning the lower court rulings by preparing an Amicus Brief for the Supreme Court in the Port Elevator case.
- Keeping staffing companies updated on new legislation and regulations issued by DOL, EEOC, Department of Homeland Security on issues such as wage and hour, audits, immigration reform and background and drug testing guidance.
- Continued updates on Employment Law issues.
- Continued updates on the new Affordable Health Care Act and how it affects staffing company in-house and contingent staff.
- Providing programs certified for continuing education credits for CSP and TCS certification, approved by the American Staffing Association.
- Providing training to staff on new recruiting and sales techniques.